Friday, July 24, 2015
NACAA 2015 AM/PIC Photos are now available online at http://www.nacaa.com/ampic/2015/2015AMPICPhotos.php
Pictures are catagorized by day. There are still additional photos for a few award events that will be uploaded shortly.
These photos are hi-res versions (so please realize it may take a little while for the photo thumbnail images to load for viewing) - and can be uploaded Free of Charge - compliments of NACAA.
If you would like to order professional prints directly from the photographer you may do so by contacting Kevin Blayney at firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 816-225-6120.
The NACAA board of directors has approved the renewal special assignment position to work with our friends at the Outstanding Young Farmer Fraternity. This prestigious award program provides recognition to the very best of America’s young farmers. NACAA has partnered with the OYF to help provide nominees for the program for several years. In an effort to provide more assistance to this program, NACAA is seeking a person to work with OYF in securing more nominees and coordinate publicity for the event. A more complete listing of the duties and expectations is listed below.
Please feel free to contact me or Wes Smith, Current OYF Liaison for more information or if you have questions. Wes Smith’s email address is .
To be considered for the position, send your name, title, history of NACAA committee work and qualifications that make you uniquely qualified for the position to Cynthia L. Gregg, NACAA President at email@example.com. The deadline for applying for the position is September 1, 2015.
Cynthia L. Gregg
The NACAA Special Assignment will work with directly with the Outstanding Young Farmers Fraternity in securing nominees for the Outstanding Young Farmer Award from every state. This can be done by working with the regional directors and state presidents to help insure proper publicity of the award and the application deadline. OYF has developed a brochure that gives an overview of the program. This brochure should be made available to the regional directors for distribution as they visit the state meetings each year.
The NACAA Special Assignment will be responsible for coordinating publicity at the OYF annual meeting each year. To insure that the annual meeting is given media coverage each year the special assignment shall work with the local extension office and affiliated Land Grant Institution(s) to help publicize the annual meeting. Television, Radio, and local print media should be involved.
The NACAA Special Assignment shall attend the National OYF conference with expenses being paid by NACAA. The OYF Liaison is responsible for insuring that NACAA involvement is continual and of the highest level possible at the NOYF conference. In the event that the NACAA Past President is not asked to serve as a judge of the National finalists, the special assignment chair shall continue to attend and conduct their duties. The NACAA Special Assignment shall also attend the NACAA AM/PIC and have registration/travel costs covered by NACAA per NACAA policy.
A critical service this designee shall fulfill is continuity of programming and enhanced communication between the NACAA Board of Directors, the AI&PR Committee and the OYF. The designee of the NACAA Special Assignment, before final confirmation, shall have written approval from their respective extension administration to allow them to carry out the required functions of this assignment for the duration of the term as determined by the NACAA Board of Directors. The OYF Liaison will report to the NACAA Board to present the Annual OFY Report and in addition will give a brief annual summary during Regional Meetings at the NACAA AMPIC. There will need to be sent periodic updates via email to the Board members and membership pertaining to but not limited to, submission of nominees by members, number of finalists NACAA members nominated, etc.
Job description of NACAA OYF Liaison
· Secure nominees for the Outstanding Young Farmer Award from every state
· Notify any agent who has a National OYF Winner (top 4) that their NACAA AM/PIC Registration Fee will be reimbursed to the next NACAA meeting.
· Be the contact person for agents that have National finalist attending OYF Congress, sharing pertinent information about Congress and what they need to do.
Duties at OYF Congress & NACAA AM/PIC
· Make initial contact with local media of host city in October/November. Follow up two weeks out and again during the Congress week. (OYF Congress)
· Make report to the board at pre- or post-board meeting about the progress on the program. For example: how the liaison has had contact with membership, how many times, and what national media has covered the program due to the liaison’s efforts. The liaison also needs to report how many applications the previous year were from NACAA and take recommendations from the OYF board to the NACAA board. (NACAA AM/PIC)
· Meet with each region during region meeting to update on the program and make final push for applicants for that year as our national meeting is around 2 weeks before the deadline. (NACAA AM/PIC)
· Try to include OYF personnel at their state’s Night Out to help foster relationship between the two organizations. (NACAA AM/PIC)
· Help OYF with booth on our trade show floor as schedule permits. (NACAA AM/PIC)